Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thoughts of Days

I haven't posted one word in two years. The reason for this is two-part: 1) I'm rarely near a computer when I have the impetus to write, or a flash of (less than) genius that I wish to share with the vast number of visitors and readers of this, my literary opus; 2) If I do find myself near a computer when such stirrings occur, I immediately envision, knowing myself, several hours of self-editing and self-critique, rather than just letting ideas flow freely, as was always recommended in any writing/composition course I attended, and of course many a writing how-to text.

So, to hell with it. Rather than force myself to write several-paragraph entries, which results in whole months and years between submissions, I shall simply sputter (hopefully) more frequent, and admittedly less introspective, provocative and, dare I say, galvanic (I dare) posts, which I will likely present in a "Thought of the day" format. This is surely my faineant nature manifesting itself, and alas, I don't care.

I continually tell those who will listen how much I love to write, and yet I find myself not writing for the pettiest of reasons. A paragraph or two, a sentence or two a day, just to work out the kinks of a long dormant craft. We shall see.

1 comment:

I Am Not A Runner (Yet)! said...

YAY!!!! I love reading your thoughts Dave!!!